Things to Do in Montreal
By Evelyn Reid
- Attractions & Events Calendar
- Festivals & Annual Events
- Everybody Dance Now
- Parks, Green Space & the Urban Outdoors
Attractions & Events Calendar
A guide to Montreal's many attractions, events and activities, including live music, theatre, dance, family and community activities.
- Things to Do by Month
- Free Things to Do in Montreal
- MORE Free Things to Do in Montreal!
- Spring Syrup Cabane à Sucre Style
- Summer Swimming à la Urban Beach
- Autumn Apple Picking
- Winter Skating
- Visit Chinatown
- Montreal Summer Guide
- Party in the Gay Village
- Parc Jean-Drapeau: From Race Track to Casino to Afternoon Dance Parties
- Discover Little Italy
- Montreal Zoos
- Tour the Floralies Gardens
- Shop at the Jean-Talon Market
- Linger on the Lachine Canal
- Trek Through Griffintown
Festivals & Annual Events
A guide to Montreal's many festivals and annual events.
- International Fireworks Competition
- FrancoFolies: The Biggest French Music Fest in the World
- Montreal Fashion & Design Festival
- Montreal Chamber Music Festival
- Beer Festival Mondial de la Bière
- Montreal Wine & Spirits Show
- Montreal Jazz Festival: The Mother of All Montreal Fests
- Montreal Outdoor Festival
- Blue Metropolis Literary Festival
- Festival TransAmériques
- Montreal Museums Day
- In Town, Without My Car!
Everybody Dance Now
A guide to some Montreal dance events, clubs and hot spots.
- Dance Under the Sun and Stars for $10 or Less
- Piknic Electronik: The Ultimate Nature Rave
- Outdoor Ballroom Dancing
- Tam Tams: A Tribal Tradition
- Gay Village Dance Clubs
Parks, Green Space & the Urban Outdoors
A guide to Montreal parks, public spaces, outdoor activities and green attractions.
- Montreal Botanical Gardens: a Park, a Museum, a Must-See!
- Montreal's Best Outdoor Skating Rinks
- Summit Park
- Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
- Sun Yat-Sen Square in Chinatown
A guide to Montreal Museums, from the arts and history to science and architecture.
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Montreal Planetarium
- McCord Museum
- Pointe-à-Callière Museum of Archeology and History
- Redpath Museum of Science & Natural History
- Montreal Biosphere
- Canadian Centre for Architecture
- Centre d'Histoire de Montréal
- Montreal Botanical Garden
Restaurants, Cafés, Tea Rooms & Bars
A guide to Montreal's fantastic food & nightlife scene, from restaurants and poutine joints to cafes, tea rooms and bars.
- From Poutine to Smoked Meat: Montreal Food You Have GOT to Try
- Le Bremner: Seafood Diner Opened by He-Who-Beat-Iron-Chef-Bobby-Flay
- Top Poutine at La Banquise
- Marche 27: For Those Pesky Tartare Cravings
- Montreal Tea Rooms
- Best Brunch in Montreal
- Laurier Gordon Ramsay: BBQ Chicken Revamped by the Celebrity Chef
- Caffe Italia: Old World Coffee
- Le Milsa: A Brazilian Churrascaria Featuring Unlimited Meat At Your Table
- Gay Village Restaurants
- Montreal Sports Bars
- Montreal Restaurants Ripe With Romance
Shopping & Services
A guide to shopping in Montreal with a focus on local businesses and shops that give a personal touch and/or offer something a little different from the norm, from clothing to facials, knick knacks and more.
- Montreal's Major Shopping Malls
- Shopping in the Gay Village
- Plaza St. Hubert
- Farmer's Markets
- Marché Jean-Talon
Holidays & Celebrations
A guide to different holidays and celebrations including some unique to the province of Quebec.