Estimate the Cost of the Cab Ride
Before even calling a taxi, figure out how much the cab ride will cost with this Montreal Taxi Fare Finder by entering your departure and destination. And don't forget to tack on a 10% tip to the estimate because the fare finder won't do it for you.
Make Sure to Call a Cab That Services Your Departure Location
While most of the taxi companies listed below will only pick up customers in central Montreal neighborhoods such as those listed in section A-11 of this Montreal map, there are a couple of taxi companies that will pick you up in the far East and West of the island of Montreal, just scroll to the end of this document for their contact information.
File a Complaint If You Must
If, after your taxi ride, you were grossly unsatisfied with the service you received, you can (and should) file a complaint with the city of Montreal right here.
Top Montreal Taxi Companies
Check out three of my favorite Montreal taxicab companies, just below!
Enjoy the luxury of a well-groomed sedan and dressed up driver, without paying more than regular cab fare! The only caveat is the wait time, roughly 20 minutes, which is about double what you'd expect from other cab companies. But if you can bear the wait, want to make an entry while staying in budget, and can afford to tip for great service, call Unitaxi at (514) 482-3000.
2. Atlas Taxi
Generally pleasant and friendly drivers work at Atlas and dispatching response is quick, usually five to ten minutes, and is sometimes faster, particularly on the west side of Montreal (e.g., Westmount, N.D.G., Snowdon, St. Henri). At times, you don't even have a moment to put on your coat and walk out the front door, so be ready to hop in a cab when you call! Call (514) 485-4888.
3. Taxi Co-op
Quick, reliable and accommodating, Taxi Co-op isn't one to let down, rain, blizzard or shine. They'll even jump start your car if you need it for $20 or help you open your car doors if you locked the keys in for $30. Great coverage across the island of Montreal too, from east to west, makes Taxi Co-op a speed dial must. Reserve online or call (514) 845-1244 (central Montreal), (514) 352-6000 (East End) or (514) 636-6666 (West Island).
Central Montreal Taxi Companies
The following cab companies are authorized to pick up customers in the central Montreal area (section A-11 of this Montreal map).
- Angrignon Taxi (514) 762-1000); (514) 364-1000
- L'Amical Taxi Plus (514) 271-2525
- Mr. Taxi (514) 798-0665; (514) 336-5070
- Pontiac Hemlock VIP Taxi (514) 931-6666; (514) 767-6666; (514) 937-2541; (514) 766-7771; (514) 363-5111
- Royal Taxi (514) 274-3333
- Taxi Candare(514) 336-1313
- Taxi Champlain (514) 273-2435
- Taxi Diamond (514) 273-1725; (514) 273-6331
- Taxi Hochelaga / Taxi Beaubien / Super Taxi (514) 256-9033; (514) 256-9135; (514) 376-4040; (514) 382-1010, also offers adapted service for people with disabilities
- Taxi-Métro (514) 272-1311; (514) 270-4777
- Taxi Para-Adapté (514) 821-3355 service for people with reduced mobility; reserve 24 hours ahead
- Taxi Rosement/ Boisjoly/ Villeray (514) 252-1313; (514) 255-1313; (514) 382-2111, also offers adapted service for people with reduced mobility
- Taxi Van Medic (514) 739-9933, service for people with reduced mobility and for customers who need escorts for health reasons like day surgery, medical appointments, etc.
- Transport Aide Expert (514) 374-7171
- Veteran Taxi (514) 273-6351
- Westmount Taxi (514) 484-2604
Montreal East Taxi Companies
These taxi companies are authorized to pick up customers in the easternmost communities on the island of Montreal (section A-05 of this Montreal map).
- Taxi Co-op (514) 352-6000
- Taxi Hochelaga / Taxi Beaubien / Super Taxi (514) 256-9033; (514) 256-9135; (514) 376-4040; (514) 382-1010; offers adapted service for people with disabilities
- Taxi Moderne (514) 322-2121
These taxi companies are authorized to pick up customers in the westernmost communities on the island of Montreal (section A-12 of this Montreal map).