With all this chatter over Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Michael Fassbender, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan lurking in and around Montreal to film the latest sequel of the Marvel Comics silver screen franchise, X-Men: Days of Future Past, in addition to word on Sony Pictures' impending Houdini shoot in the city, it's only natural that buzz is waxing over how to get a gig on these A-lister sets.
Enter movie extra work. It seems like anyone with the time and inclination wants in. So I sat down with a Los Angeles transplant to find out how to get involved in the industry, an actress who's done the roster of speaking parts as well as extra, stand-in and photo double work on a whole variety of Hollywood blockbusters, TV dramas and sitcoms, sharing set space with, among others, Ellen Degeneres, Jim Carrey and Robert Downey Jr.
- How to Be a Movie Extra: A How-To à la Montreal
- Being a Movie Extra: Noelle Hannibal Dishes the Dirt on the Biz, Working With Jim Carrey and the One Quality You're Gonna Need to Get Ahead
- Movie Extra Resources in Montreal
- Receive the Montreal Newsletter
- Have Your Say in the Forum
- Follow Me on Twitter
- Like Me on Facebook